uses for coffee
- Place a bowl of unused coffee grounds inside your fridge if it has odors and leave it for a day or two.
- After chopping alliums (onion, garlic, chives, scallion, or leek) rub used coffee grounds on your hands since grounds will neutralize strong odors.
- If your drains are clogged, pour the coffee grounds into the sink followed by liquid soap and a kettle of boiling water.
- Mix your grounds with soapy water and scrub on the hard-to-clean dirt tiles and kitchen counters with a dishcloth.
- Scratches on wood furniture disappear almost instantly by simply rubbing in a little bit of instant coffee dampened into a paste with hot water. Repeat if necessary until the scratch matches the surrounding wood.
- Clean a greasy grill with the grainy texture of the grounds.
- Instead of using milk when you make your brownies, add some freshly ground coffee for a rich, caffeine jolt.
- Use coffee grounds to tenderize and season your BBQ meat (pork works best with this).
- Reduce the pH levels of your soil by scattering used coffee grounds for bright blue hydrangeas.
- Grow a healthy crop of carrots by mixing used up grounds with carrot seeds.
- When bathing your pet after shampooing and before rinsing rub some of the grounds into their fur to exterminate fleas.
- Sprinkle used coffee grounds on the soil, and cats will not use your garden as a litter box.
- If you need to repel ants just sprinkle dry, used coffee grounds in problem areas where you notice ants in your home or yard and they might just pick up and leave. To tackle huge ant mounds, pour an entire pot of brewed coffee right on the mound.
- Fertilize plants with your used coffee grounds around their roots.
- Exfoliate your face by mixing a spoonful of grounds with a few drops of olive oil and a couple more drops of an essential oil of your liking.
- Reduce under-eye puffiness by mixing up the coffee grounds with some water and make into a paste. Smear it on the affected area and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- The grittiness of the coffee grounds will leave your hair squeaky clean, shiny and healthy looking. Brunettes will benefit most from this as coffee also darkens your hair color.
- Coffee grounds mixed with water (used different amounts of grounds with varying levels of water) are an easy way to paint sepia-toned pictures.
- You can use coffee grounds as your auto air freshener.
- Use coffee beans as pretty vase fillers, in cups, or jars full of pens and pencils and continue to enjoy their good smell for quite a while.